my husband stage 4 prostate cancer

• 3 replies
  • 27 subscribers

His cancer started some time before covid 19 but he never offered a psa blood test 

2022 my husband had a psa blood test it was 92 followed by a cat scan and mri all the other tests but all ready become bone metatasis dr saw it but it  wasnt confrmed after pet scan

we were told very sorry stage 4 incurable starting radiotherapy and drug etc

our plans stopped everything stopped the waves depression that followed was horrendous 

2024 were still crossed fingers take every day at a time been together for 50 years this year

Im also a carer for my son and also helped look after my father when he passed same cancer I found this forum just to chat

• Hello pillionpassenger and a very warm welcome to the forum though so sorry to hear of your husbands diagnosis, and understand what a difficult and emotional time it must have been for all of you. I am also stage 4 incurable and like you have done the hormone and radiotherapy treatments. Firstly congratulations on 50 years of marriage, that's amazing, Can i ask how well the treatment has worked, it looks like you are trying to be positive and enjoying each day as it comes which is nice to hear. can i make a suggestion if you join, The Prostate Cancer Forum, you will be able to talk to many people going through what you and your husband are, Ps I'm on the prostate cancer forum and the guys and ladies on it have ben wonderful, best wishes to you all, take care.

Eddie

• hi thanks it been so hard for me he suggested try a forum support group as im finding to 

hard to live with just left a message on prostate cancer forum janet

• Hi Janet, well don on joining the prostate support group, they are so helpful to everyone. Janet as i said earlier i have advanced incurable prostate cancer but we are still treatable and for many years and there are new treatments and medicines appearing all the time so please try to be positive, there are guys on the forum like us who are still going strong long after the doctors told them they would be. Janet ask the guys on the prostate anything you want to, you will always get an answer, take care.

Eddie xx