Partner has breast cancer - everything feels bittersweet

• 2 replies
  • 23 subscribers

Hey all,

A newcomer here. My partner (34F) was recently diagnosed with triple negative breast cancer (TNBC). Finds out staging and grading on monday. Jumping through all the hoops at the moment, feeling very sad about it all and am scared to see her suffer. I don’t know how to cope, i cry almost daily about it so far and she hasn’t started chemo yet, I’m trying to be strong around her. We live in Germany, and although the healthcare is good, i’m scared of the road ahead. 

If anyone can share what helped them, useful links, advice it would be of tremendous help.

thank you

• Hi sorry to hear your news. I think there is a breast cancer forum which might be useful going forward and the carers group is really good for getting reassurance and support. Don't stress about crying it's important to let those emotions out and also to be able to show fear and sadness in front of each other. Nothing hidden that's what me and my husband promised each other.

Sending positive thoughts to you both. 

Good luck 

• I’m so sorry to hear your news.  My sister was also diagnosed last week with TNBC which is also in lymph node.  I’m struggling to find the words to express how I feel but I’m sure it’s just the same emotions that you’re experiencing.  She’s waiting on her scan results but it’s just so hard to maintain any positive thoughts.  I know im finding it hard to find the right words to say to her sometimes, she has every right to express her dark thoughts but I just don’t know how to respond to them.  I’m assuming your wife is now started on her treatment path, they say that once there’s a treatment plan in place that people feel a bit more in control of things so I hope that applies for you & your wife.  If you’ve found any useful links or support groups I would appreciate you sharing details, I feel so lost at this point that any advice or guidance on how best to help my sister would be really appreciated.

Sending positive thoughts & best wishes to you both.