My mom

• 1 reply
  • 32 subscribers

my moms just been diagnosed with stage 2 invasive breast cancer. She’s been told she’s needing a mastectomy, chemotherapy and radiotherapy.

I have never experienced anything like this before, I’ve never had anyone close to me be seriously ill. I’m honestly just feeling a little lost, my head is all over the place. I know very little about cancer and the whole treatment process. My mom seems very worried about me and keeps asking if I’m okay but I just want to be here to support her, she shouldn’t worry about me. I feel like I just need more information because I genuinely don’t know how this journey is going to go. I still live at home with my mom and I’ll do as much as I can to take care of her. 
I’m not the best at speaking out to friends or family because I hate being comforted and I don’t like people worrying about me so I’ve not told any of my friends or people I work with yet. I’m greatful to have my boyfriend who’s very supportive but again I don’t want to keep going to him about it as I feel like a burden and also he’s also never experienced this before. 
my family keep coming over to visit my mom which Is lovely but I’m feeling very suffocated. honestly I’m just a little lost, confused and unsure what to do. I’m all over the place 

• Hi and welcome to our community. I hope you will find us really friendly because we are all pretty much in the same place.

There is a load of information on the main site here but there are also a whole lot of people in our Breast cancer forum who will be able to offer you support and real practical experience of people who have been there.

It might also help to look at Supporting a family member with cancer because cancer can really mess our head and our relationship.

Most people find talking about cancer very painful and will often not look to keep the conversation open, that is often not the most helpful.

<<hugs>>

Steve

Community Champion Badge