Not long left

• 3 replies
  • 32 subscribers

Hi everyone my mum has stage 4 breast cancer she’s been on treatment for 2 years and nothing is working. She’s at end of life now after a stroke and is in constant pain, not eating much doesn’t really get out of bed can’t see or speak much without it being a struggle. 
I’m making myself unwell with worry and the thought of being without her as I know it’s coming, she’s my best friend. I couldn’t imagine not being able to tell her things or text or call her, I’ve never lost anyone before not even a grandparent. I don’t know grief I don’t know how to handle it and I have a younger brother who is going to need all my support too. 
im not sure what I’m looking for here really maybe just somewhere to vent 

• I'm crossing over from another group, but caught sight of your post.

Take your time both with your mum and your brother. Just sit and be with them. Cry, talk but most of all remember the memories. These will keep you going. Not saying it won't be hard, but it will help. As will the realization that your mum will be out of pain. Don't be surprised if you feel guilty for feeling relief, it is normal. 

As to telling her things, still do. Both now and after. Who knows what the hereafter is, so talk to her, either a special photo, place or whatever. You will get caught out by memories, a smell, a dinner, or whatever, just cry, miss her and take five to remember. Then carry on.

Wishing you well, ((hugs))

• My heart goes out to you as I'm going through the same thing right now, except my mum has bowel cancer. As hard as it is, you need to look out for yourself too. I've found seeking out little moments of joy very helpful, whether that's a coffee with a friend or trying to push through and go to a game night with friends. Just do as many things for yourself as you can, maybe you like going on walks? I love listening to a podcast while walking. Getting outside is great in general for boosting your mood too. You are not alone,