My wife's breast cancer

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 1 reply
  • 30 subscribers

I am wondering if any one out there could help me. My wife has had her fourth bout of chemotherapy. All she can taste is metallic. Could anyone give me suggestions of things to try and take the taste away please? 

Also, as I have been feeling a bit down worrying about her for the past few months, are there any tools etc to help me with advice?

Many thanks.

• Hi and welcome to the community - though we are always a little sorry to see new members join our club.

One of the common suggestions I have heard around coping with chemotherapy is ginger sweets but you might also like to look at some of the ideas on here

As for you - first well done for spotting this in yourself - it probably took me much longer. There are some tips in Looking after someone with cancer that you might find helpful.

I ended up doing a living with less stress course that helped me to focus on the here and now and enjoy what we have rather than worrying about events in the future that I could not control. The breathing exercises are also useful for dealing with the unexpected events that seem always ready to get us. Transcendental meditation though was just not my cup of tea.

Do post on here whenever you like and you might also like to look at the threads in Breast cancer forum and if you or your wife have any specific questions even post and introduce yourselves there - a most friendly bunch.

<<hugs>>

Steve

Community Champion Badge