Heartbreaking, having more than 1 family member with incurable cancer.

• 4 replies
  • 32 subscribers

For 3 years my mum has been battling Myeloma ( blood and bone cancer), then 15 months ago out of the blue my brother was diagnosed with AML, Leukemia.. my dad is 70 and disabled too.. but we rallied as much as we could... 2 of my main family with 2 different blood cancers, a lot of chemo, treatments, hospital appointments..then covid hit and they're all shielding,  my brother was too ill to go to hospital, some weeks. I went down to be shown how to give him his chemo st home, scary beyond all reason ( even though I worked as a na in local hospital for nearly 10yrs)... covid restrictions worsened my mum had her sct cancelled as she was also diagnosed with necrosis of her jaw! More covid sadly come August last year I went to my brothers hospital appointment to be told he only had a few months.. no treatment was working, he wanted to stay home for as long as possible 1 because of covid 2 because he spent a lot of the last yr in hospital.. he organised to go to a hospice when the time came .. sadly the day he was meant to go, he was so ill he had to go to local hospital.  The next day my dad and I were told to come in,, my mum couldn't say goodbye as she had her chemo the day before and refused to attend hospital because of covid..  We lost him in November,  and we are still struggling..especially mum who is still fighting her own battle with cancer still.. why us?? That's all  I keep thinking,  how much can we take. 

• Hi lollipop Cry

I know how your feeling, I think the same, my mums been battling terminall cancer for 7 years! Don’t know how she does it, just buried my stepdad Friday, he past away with lung/brain cancer, last month, it took him in 3 months and my hubby has cardiac amyloidosis/Myeloma now after getting through radiation on the throat 2 years ago, then a zap on the lung last March, now this since September SobSob . The kemo had just done him , his sofa band now as he weighs 7 stone and so weak his going into hospital next week for a feeding tube.

so completely on your level of thinking, just have to keep pecker up and keep going, taking each day as it comes, we to are battling along with our family, sometimes life just doesn’t make any sense. But keep strong and keep going, your not on your own 

sending strength and prayers to you and family xx

• Wow what a wonderful person you are !! Everything about you is wonderful l am so glad l have you in my life and always able to contact you Relaxed Thank you for being a friend xx

• Sending you love and strength,  we all need to be there for each other. We understand things sometimes others don't get.  Im sorry to here about your family..stay safe especially with this covid around. 

• Thankyou for saying such lovely things, my family is everything and if I can help in some small way I will. Stay safe, always here if you need to talk.