Cake, coffee and catching up - contributions welcome

• 5 replies
  • 6 subscribers

Hi everyone

It's Steph here from the Community team popping in to start a conversation about cake, coffee and catching up with each other.

September is the month of the famous ‘World’s Biggest Coffee Morning’ where people all over the world get together whilst fundraising for Macmillan. In celebration of coffee mornings everywhere, in our recent Community News Blog we have explored the Community’s love of baking and getting together.

CakeCustardClick here to read the blog CustardCake

We’d love to hear about all your favourite treats and tips for keeping busy. We’ve started this new thread so members from all over the Community can share your favourite cakes, bakes and edible makes. If you like savoury or a no-bake make, or prefer to let someone else do the baking, all contributions are welcome. 

Here are a few baking and making photos that our members have shared in their Community forums to get you started.

A members photo of their freshly baked choc mocha muffinsA member's photo of boiling rhubarb in a pan to make jamA member's photo of their homemade chocolate cake

In addition to culinary contributions, we would love to hear about any get togethers or community groups you're a part of.  

What's your favourite treat or get together? We look forward to hearing from you Green heart

• Mango and white chocolate cake, Honeycomb Australian crunch, Apple pie, Blueberry traybake and Rock buns!

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

• Oh jane2511 - i am very hungry looking at all your wonderful creations. If only this site had 'scratch and sniff'. Or even better would be 'swipe and taste' functionality Laughing

• Lol- I have been trying lots of different baking as I have some food intolerances after treatment so being doing my usual recipes but swapping out ingredients. Family seem happy to help try them 

• Thanks for sharing Jane, your bakes look mouth-wateringly good! I thought I'd pop in and share a few of my own makes and bakes.

I have chosen a fruity theme for my share - I love foraging for wild berries or buying up 'quicksale' produce and making something from it. 

• Strawberry trifle cake, Raspberry pavlova and Coffee & Walnut cake for a recent family gathering
    • Gluten free blackberry and apple cake
    • Watermelon & berry 'cake' - made for someone special who wasn't eating cake but could enjoy fruit
    • Chocolate fruit cream cake tower
    • Pineapple upside down cake - a childhood favourite!
    • Smoothie bowl - sometimes it's nice to fill a bowl with favourite food, can improve your appetite when it looks pretty!

I hope you enjoy my contribution, we would all love to see what you'd all been making and baking!

Steph
    Online Community Officer
  • The blackberry and apple cake looks particularly delicious