Being kind to yourself on Blue Monday

• 5 replies
  • 19 subscribers

Hi everyone 

We've published the 'Being kind to yourself on Blue Monday' blog to help people get through what is referred to one of the bleakest days of the year.

We invite you to get involved and tell us what you have done to show kindness to yourself today. All the tips shared may help someone be a little kinder to themselves today or improve their day.

We also include some additional support information and further reading suggestions which may be useful. 

Take care of yourselves Green heart

• Hi  

It is absolutely freezing here today on blue Monday but it is clear and bright with blue skies. We wrapped up warm and went for a walk this morning, we were out for about an hour.  I'm going to do some crafting this afternoon, I like to cross stitch. It is a bit of mindfulness for me. But at the minute I'm doing my champion duties and thinking that I'm cold. So I am going to put the kettle on and get a fleecy blanket and be kind to myself. Hope everyone is keeping warm.

A x

What is a Community Champion?

I am a Macmillan volunteer. 

Macmillan Support Helpline

0808 808 00 00 

7 days a week between 8am -8pm

• Thank you for sharing  Green heart That sounds like a lovely bit of 'me time'. It is a cold day here too so I have my fluffy slippers on. Hope you manage to keep warm! 

Best wishes, 

Megan
    Macmillan's Online Community team

• I always  start the day walking my dog, helps me with whatever comes my way that day, "mostly", Today went to allotment for a hour, too cold to do anything so had a cuppa in a friends shed and put the world to rights. Had bloods done and a chat with my LCN,and an unexpected talk with oncologist, then on to counselling at my hospice which i was told today has been extended for as long as i need it, great news. Lastly Aurora wellbeing for a hours light supervised exercise, just had lunch, tv not working, so off to see a friend, feel a little sore and tired but well; take care,

Eddie

• Hi  

Sounds like a busy day Eddie. Great news on the counselling extension. Take care and keep warm.

A x

What is a Community Champion?

I am a Macmillan volunteer. 

Macmillan Support Helpline

0808 808 00 00 

7 days a week between 8am -8pm

• Thank you for sharing  Green heart

Best wishes, 

Megan
    Macmillan's Online Community team