Share Your Treasured Christmas Memories with Us!

• 14 replies
  • 26 subscribers

Whether you celebrate Christmas or not, the winter months are often a time for taking stock of the years gone by. Perhaps it's the chilly December days and cosy evenings in the warm that make this period so ripe for reminiscing. Whatever the reason, taking a look back at the past can help to give us perspective for the present, and perhaps even hope for the future.

We'd like to invite you all to share one important memory from around the Christmas period with the rest of the Online Community.

Your memory can be happy, sad, hilarious, touching - or even just something that really stood out to you. It might be a memory from your childhood, or it could be from last week. If it's important to you, and it had an impact, we'd love to hear about it.

To share your memory, simply reply to this discussion thread with an explanation of what your memory was, and why it stands out to you.

It doesn't have to be long, or detailed. It doesn't have to be anything profound. You don't have to use fancy language. Just share what's on your heart however you feel most comfortable, and I'm sure there will be members reading who relate to what you're saying.

Wishing you all the very best this Christmas holiday period,

Your Online Community Team

• Happy New Year to you too. It is nice to reminisce and remember all the good memories. Christmas is a bit different now as we migrated to Australia in 1964 and now have hot Christmas days. You will be pleased to know that Dad stopped sneaking out at night to get a fir tree after we migrated and invested in a re-usable one. However all the decorations came with us so there was some familiarity still.

Lyn

Sophie66

• We did the same at Christmas when I was young.We never had any money but appreciated everything we were given and looked after our toys well.I still have my teddy he is 63 and my sisters panda from the 1960’s.My dad died when I was 12 and Christmas was never quite the same.I used to work on the wards at Christmas as it was lovely to make things festive for the patients especially those who had no family.There was always a good atmosphere and I have happy memories from those times in the 1980’s.Jane 

• I remember when me and my middle sister were younger, we would visit our nanna, our late dad's late mum, on New Year's Eve as that was her birthday. Me n my middle sister would give her a card and present from us and our mum would give her a card and present off herself and our dad.

I remember Mother's Day one year our mum had bought herself and our nanna the same Mother's Day framed poem. if I remember correctly, it said," A Mother's heart is like rose always open, always loving." It was on a lovely background as I think that the background was of a picture of two different coloured roses. I think that one of the roses was pink and the other was lilac.  

• Thanks so much to everyone who shared their memories with the Community. It's been so nice reading them all!

You're still welcome to share any other Christmas/New Year memories you have, but also if you have any ideas for other Community discussion topics, please do drop us a suggestion below. Slight smile

Wishing you a happy 2024!

All the best,
    Matthew
    Macmillan Online Community Team