My husband has just left me!

• 12 replies
  • 23 subscribers

I don't know if I'm even in the right place to post this.

My husband has just left me, 4 days before Christmas. I have had  secondary breast cancer for 14 years and all those years have been very lucky with my treatment being stable and of course I hid a lot from him and my sons so they could cope better with it. Anyway at the start of this year I had a Sternectomy to remove a massive tumour there and I had complications and I was very poorly and took me a good 6 months to recover. My husband was terrified and suddenlty had to face up to the fact that this illness is very real. Instead of talking to anyone he bottled things up. He felt it was all about me and noone cared how he felt, which is utter rubbish. He has people including myself who care so much and I could see it was stressing him out. Anyway he then turned to a woman at work who clearly knew what to say and do and they started having an affair. For 5 months he saw her and would disappear for ages. Always claiming he loved me and until that point we really did have the most fantastic marriage and did so many things together and enjoyed life.

So now I am dealing with not only my cancer but not having the love of my life by my side. My two sons who still live at home have been amazing but I am beyond devastated and scared of my life as a single person and dying alone

Has anyone experienced this and come out the other side???

• I have, my so called husband left me last July, said he couldn’t cope with the cancer any more and thought I was going to die.I had no idea he had planned on leaving until 20mins before he left with all his stuff in bin bags as I had just come home. I was devastated, we had been married 2 weeks short of 34yrs. I too since discovered he had been on a dating app for the previous 5weeks and found someone to take him on only having met her 3 times but numerous phone calls as his phone bill is in my name. It was hard to cope with at first, but after the shock comes anger, I hated him. I am quite a strong person and have 2 foster children at home who support me immensely. I began to find that I quite liked the single life, come and go as I please do what I want when I want, not having to cook his meals at 9pm when he got in from work not worrying what he was doing on his phone or iPad as he was quite secretive. I started divorce proceedings before Xmas and to sort the house out, which he said I could have plus the car and 3 watches. He was shocked when he got an email from the solicitors about the divorce, he thought that I would take him back, never ever now. So please Ell you must be strong, don’t look back look forward to a new life, I take each day as it comes, as long as you have the support from family and friends you will be ok I promise. Xx Janette

• You are a fantastic woman. he don't deserve you. Michel