bowel cancer, lymph nodes stage 3 first chemo

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 3 replies
  • 10 subscribers

Hi everyone, new to this site, I start my first chemo on the 16th January, and like everyone else, it sounds daunting and very scary, I am having XELOX (or CAPOX) it's a combination of intravenous and pills, has anyone on here gone through this. thank you for any information or tips to help xx

• Hi I am getting my fist session of chemotherapy tomorrow and it is all very daunting. I am getting the same chemo as you intravenously two weeks tablets, one week rest then go again for 6-8 cycles. I was treated for prostate cancer 2 years ago then had an operation for bowel cancer last Feb but it now has gone to my liver. I suppose you just have to take one day at a time and try and get on with life. It’s the fear of the unknown. Good luck with your treatment

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Hedman

Hi hedman just wanted to say good luck for tomorrow and hope all your treatment goes well. It’s all scary stuff as you have been through the mill all ready. Lab

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

I went through same process about 8 years ago different mix to you though. Hope it all goes well. Make sure you take some food. Book or iPad. And something warm to as you can feel cold. Good luck  lab