1st session done

• 17 replies
  • 12 subscribers

Hi I've received my 1st session Wednesday  EC one of 3 then 12 of P...for breast cancer....I've got a sore throat no temperature or cough...has anyone else had this..also generally...I know everyone is different ..when do you start to fee a bit  better 

Thanks Clare 

• Hi Clare

I'm sorry to hear that you're feeling unwell after your first session of chemotherapy. 

I haven't had chemotherapy, so can't answer your question, but thought I'd suggest that you also post this in the breast cancer group as I'm sure someone there will be able to help. They have a dedicated monthly chemotherapy thread which you could post in.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• I'm on a different type of chemo than you but I've had a sore throat following every cycle.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

I have just had ec 4th round get rifleman to gargle from dr I was supposed to go on another regime 3 ec 3 other but not now so one more ec! Advise and not to scare make sure to have things ready as I had severe constipation and the Diarrhea order creams I got think called metulim ?? In bed spelt wrong nappy cream and pile cream I was close to being infected but those have really helped chemo 4! And drink shit loads of water. If you get constipation get sorted with pharmacy immediately xxx take care rest when can stay safe

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Difflam sorry chemo week you gargle it’s brilliant 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

I have just had ec 4th round get rifleman to gargle from dr I was supposed to go on another regime 3 ec 3 other but not now so one more ec! Advise and not to scare make sure to have things ready as I had severe constipation and the Diarrhea order creams I got think called metulim ?? In bed spelt wrong nappy cream and pile cream I was close to being infected but those have really helped chemo 4! And drink shit loads of water. If you get constipation get sorted with pharmacy immediately xxx take care rest when can stay safe

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Clare,

I'm Clare too! I had my 1st EC on 25 March and have suffered with a dry mouth and sore throat. I brush my teeth after food and gargle with salt water as advised by one of the chemo nurses. I'm drinking plenty of water during the day too and an ice lolly works a treat!

Clare

• Hi Clare 

Thanks for your reply..yep I'm more prepared for the next round stronger sickness pills...ice lollies ordered...first session first night wasnt nice I've had a week probably of feeling a bit rough now 2 weeks of normality before the 2nd battle commences...stay safe this virus is the worst nightmare for us xx

• Sorry forgot to ask how many rounds are you I'm 3 ec & 12 weekly of the other cant remember name think paxil or taxil...but mine had spread to lymph nodes under my arm

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Cloverfield1

Hi,

My sounds similar to yours - EC x 4 fortnightly, then 12 weeks of similar sounding names to yours. After that a lumpectomy followed by radiotherapy.

I've faired fairly well from 1st treatment, bit of a fuzzy head for a day or 2, felt a bit queasy but the tablets helped, dry mouth and constipation.

I still have my hair but my scalp feels odd and sometimes its feels funny if I move my hair so suspect it won't be long til it starts going. I'm worried about it but hoping once it grows back I'll have nice hair again to replace my current over processed hair! I haven't been able to get a wig due to covid-19 but have got some soft beanies and headscalves from Amazon.

My next treatment is on 8 April, whens yours?

Keep safe, honestly what a time to go through this x

• Hi 

Yes all sounds similar apart from I had mastectomy and lymph nodes removed...I'll be on tamoxifen for 10 years...my next treatment is a week on Tuesday...I used the cold cap the first session but because of the time spent in hospital there not sure if I can  continue with it...worrying times...we need this weather to rain cats & dogs to get everyone to stay indoors and try & slow the spread....I had a grade 3 tumour so i may have needed more aggressive treatment for this 

Stay safe xx