1st session done

• 17 replies
  • 12 subscribers

Hi I've received my 1st session Wednesday  EC one of 3 then 12 of P...for breast cancer....I've got a sore throat no temperature or cough...has anyone else had this..also generally...I know everyone is different ..when do you start to fee a bit  better 

Thanks Clare 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Cloverfield1

Lolly’s are my go too as well also berry smoothie coats the mouth not citrus tho can’t stand now. Also when having chemo black currant and liquorice sweets ur wine gums take taste away and you get moisture in mouth. Diflam was prescribed by oncologist. Defo scary times hubby in essential job so changes at work again in garage hand wash and shower as soon as comes in and separate bathrooms and bedroom it’s so lonely and need a cuddle but 2m apart it’s really the emotions getting me now. Good luck you got this girl xxxx

• We really have been dealt the most crappy card ever but we ll get through this at least we re on with treatment & times are different now theres a good chance of success after having all this treatment...so hopefully by the end of the year this will be just a distant memory...the virus has made an already upsetting situation into the most horrendous one...its a worry all round not just for us but I have 3 members of my family who are vulnerable to be honest one is even more at risk than me....bring on next year....stay safe & well done to your brave husband working through this 

Clare xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Hey mine r finished now and radiotherapy starts Wednesday my chemo cut from 6 to 4 I worry but also feel relieved! Don’t worry about the wig think I have worn mine twice for about 30 mins! Prefer hats xxxx you stay safe xx

• FormerMember

Thanks for info on wig . I'll see how it goes. My hair is falling out fast now.

Can I ask how your 4 rounds have gone? I know we all have diffrent side effects but did you get worse at each round? I've only had 1 round as my last was cancelled due to low bloods, so I just want to know what can possibly happen.

Happy Easter x

• FormerMember

Chemo 2 hit hard but everyone is different. Only advise try to not get constipation have something in ready. I sort of range between constipation and volcanic Diarrhea. I spent £50 on preparing for chemo 3 ie anusol as suffer with piles as and nappy cream called metulium (in bed think that’s the name) I wish someone had told me as was so sore! My bloods went low as with constipation it caused bleeding. My main problem was that and being tired. I am sure you will be fine as I say be prepared as this can save lots of unnecessary pain. Good luck with your treatment xxx

• I’m on 4x EC 3weekly, 4X PAC 3 weekly followed by Radiotherapy  for TNBC after lumpectomy.
    my first chemo went well but nurse mentioned I had a reduced dose due to bloods but bloods ok this time so had full dose. Within 18hrs of 2nd dose was admitted to a+e with fever 38 and rash. Fever alerted covid so had a chest X-ray but was clear. Obs they were concerned but I felt they concentrated on that rather than the fact I had chemo. Ended up being diagnosed with UTI and sent home with 2 types of anti bots and to self isolate for 2wks but shielding anyway. Had a rough wk as anti bot and chemo meds caused both constipation and dirrarah. Feeling better this wk just weak. Dreading dose 3 now on 23/4/20

• Thanks so much for the heads up my battle commences Tuesday Sob it's the unexpected weird sensations I find a bit scary..I've a port in my chest so sometimes the liquid comes back up and I can taste it which sends me a bit queasy...I'm praying it's not too bad this time...I probably had 5 rough days last session and back to normal the rest..this virus isn't helping it's just am added worry...but I dont think theres been many cases in the Christie...stay safe xx