Supporting My Wife Through Lockdown Fight HL stage 2

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 3 replies
  • 45 subscribers

Hi 

My wife was diagnosed with stage 2 HL at the end of march. (Second week of national lock down ) . Since then she has completed 11 of her 12 doses of what was abvd which is now avd. 12th and hopefully final dose this wednesday 30/09/20. 

She went into remission at her pet scan after dose 4. It has been hard caring for her through  lock down as there has been very limited help around due to social distancing and sheilding. 

Luckily at the start of lockdown I was furlough from my job as a bus driver . This lasted 5 months. I returned the last week of August.

It has been harder to juggle everything since my return to work. But I have made it work. 

I find asking for help hard. But my mind seems so full at the moment. 

• Hi and welcome to posting in Carers. I admire you for reaching out when you find it hard to do. Carers need support too; it's all too easy to neglect ourselves and feel unwell through over tiredness or stress. Caring for your wife in lockdown must have been a strain on both of you; no face-to-face support from friends can be a drain in itself. It sounds as though you're an amazing carer, balancing work as well. What do you do to unwind?

LoobyLou
    If you find dust in my house, write your name in it. When the signatures overlap I'll get the polish. 

Click here to see how to add details to your profile. It helps everyone to see a little about you

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to LoobyLou49

The only thing I have been doing to unwind is watching telly. I just wish there were more house in the day. 

• Hi , i can easily understand that. How is your wife at the moment?

LoobyLou
    If you find dust in my house, write your name in it. When the signatures overlap I'll get the polish. 

Click here to see how to add details to your profile. It helps everyone to see a little about you