My precious husband has just passed away

• 16 replies
  • 47 subscribers

This morning I sat with my husband as he took his last breath.   We have been together 30 years  He had been diagnosed in September and was too advanced for surgery so endured 6 rounds of chemo to try delay the inevitable   But it didn't. And this morning after sitting at his bedside for 2 weeks  my beautiful husband was taken away.  He's gone.  Goodbye  my love    No more pain or fear.  Xxxxxxxxx

• Thinking of you  xxx

Love is eternal
  • Needing Friends .  

Thank you so much  It makes me feel a little less alone xxxxxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Totallylost

Totallylost

i understand completely, I am sending you hugs, my wonderful husband and soulmate passed away on Friday 19th April and I am devastated.

Much love

June xxx

• You are not alone xxx

Love is eternal
  • June

Thank you for your lovely message.     I'm so sorry you are in this same devastating place as I am.   So you lost your husband just on Friday      . My husband was 58 and had oesophageal cancer.  It's our 28th wedding anniversary on Friday  And I'll be without him     Your pain will be so raw June. Had he been poorly long and how old was he ?    I'm so sorry we are sharing the same heartache  

Xxxxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Totallylost

Totallylost 

My husband was 64, he had brain cancer which was diagnosed on 31st October 2018. He had part of one tumour removed in November then Radiotherapy and Chemotherapy in January/February. He just got weaker and weaker. He had no quality of life really since Christmas, it was so hard for him as he'd always been very active. We had been married 22 years, together for nearly 25 years. 

I am so sorry you will not be with your husband on your anniversary, it hurts so much doesn't it? I am here if you want to express your feelings, if it helps at all. I'm sure it will be a long road for us and anyone else on this journey. I am trying to focus on all of the happy memories but then it just hits me and I crumple. 

Love and hugs

June xxx

• Heart️Two hearts

One day at a time . 

• Dear Totallylost, My heart is breaking for your sad loss. I myself am waiting for the inevitable with my wife. She has Advanced Small cell Lung Cancer and they are keeping her alive with chemo. 

Take comfort in the memories that you have and don't let anything block these. Your'e husband will be with you in your heart and will follow you and guide you. If you have you tube, look up Dancing In The Sky by Danni and Lizzie, it may be a bit of comfort in the words they sing.

Be strong and God Bless You.

John

BILLYTHEDOG
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hello,

My heart feels so sad for you. You are very brave to be here on this group of friends who truly understand. My prayers include you and your husband. Please take care of yourself and give yourself all the time you need for whatever you want.  This is so painful for you and I cannot imagine how you feel.  You must have hundreds of wonderful memories, they will always be with you.

So sorry,

Carolyn