My precious husband has just passed away

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 16 replies
  • 42 subscribers

This morning I sat with my husband as he took his last breath.   We have been together 30 years  He had been diagnosed in September and was too advanced for surgery so endured 6 rounds of chemo to try delay the inevitable   But it didn't. And this morning after sitting at his bedside for 2 weeks  my beautiful husband was taken away.  He's gone.  Goodbye  my love    No more pain or fear.  Xxxxxxxxx

• I am so very sorry for your loss. Please accept my condolences on the passing of your husband. It must be a heart-breaking time for you and I hope that the knowledge that you have been with him all along will give you some comfort in the days and weeks to come. Please think about joining the forum for bereaved spouses if you feel that this may help you.

Love, Mel.

I don't like the term "moving on" because it sounds to me like we are leaving our loved ones and the life we had with them behind. I like the term "moving forward" as it implies that, while life goes on, our loved ones are still with us in our hearts and minds. 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Juneoc

Thank you so much for your lovely reply I would love to talk to you more I'm sorry I didn't reply sooner but everything has just been on top of me and then so much to do and now there is so many problems coming up about arrangements etc it's very hard to cope soon as I get a minute I would love to chat with you I know exactly how you feel and it is horrendous

Lots of love and strength   Xxxxxxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Billythedog

Dear John  Billythedog

Thank you so much for your heartfelt message.  I did read it when you posted I just haven't had time to do anything  It's awful  I don't seem to even have time to cry .    Your words are really comforting  and now I have just managed to look at the song you've said  and it's wonderful    It made me cry but it is so comforting.   I wish that you weren't waiting as you say for the inevitable with your dear wife I wouldn't wish this on anybody     Words from people who understand and actually know what it feels like mean so much .  Thank you   God bless 

• FormerMember

Hi Carolyn 

Your lovely kind words really do mean a lot  Thank you.   The kindness that comes from people who are themselves often going through very bad times is amazing and truly uplifting .  Knowing that people do genuinely care does honestly help  Thank you so much .God bless        

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to MelanieL

Hi Mel 

Thank you for your comforting words    I'm so grateful for the support and love shown from you and others on here    It makes such a difference  You cannot fully understand how this feels unless you have been through it yourself.So it means so much to get support from others who have not only suffered loss but also gone through the desperate fight that we endure before the inevitable happens    And I will definitely be looking at the group you suggested  xxxxxxxx  Take care  Lots of love    

• FormerMember

Hi June. We spoke the other after my husband had passed away a couple of days after you lost your beloved husband. I've just seen a post that you've put on saying that the funeral for your dear husband isn't until the 19th of May I am having problems over the funeral I'm trying to arrange myself and I just wondered if there is a reason why you're waiting around 4 weeks for your funeral. ? I would like to put it off a bit longer as I really don't think I can sort it or even cope with it at the moment it's so soon and I would feel a lot better to wait awhile but I'm not sure if people especially family would think I was in the wrong. if it's a personal reason that you don't want to talk about then I completely understand take care lots of love xxx