Tumor growth during chemo

• 2 replies
  • 42 subscribers

Hi, my mum is being treated for stage for ovarian cancer, the only sign of disease is a lump on her collar bone, it doesn't show anywhere else which has baffled Ongology. She started on carboplatin & paclitaxel, however the taxol caused bad side effects so cycle 2 & 3 has just been carboplatin

After the first round of 2 chemo drugs the lump on her collarbone almost disappeared but since on carboplatin the lump is becoming more noticeable again. Has anyone seen cancer grow whilst on chemo and if so what did they do about it? We are both very worried the carbo is not enough.

• Hi  

Sorry that there have been no takes on this, certainly in my time on here I am aware of people whose tumor has grown on chemo though it was not something my wife experienced. She did however have a similar experience in problem side effects from chemotherapy that in her case meant the first line treatment was stopped and then we had quite a bit of treatment to fix the problems that she had encountered - that was successful and then we tried a different treatment and that has managed to make Janice's cancer stable and now we have been living with cancer for over 10 years. 

<<hugs>>

Steve

Community Champion Badge

• Thank you for replying, I am just constantly searching for answers and not finding it, I am so happy to hear your wife has made it 10 years that is amazing and I hope my mum will be the same. Its reassuring to hear that she was given other treatment options, I am always afraid of the words there's nothing more can be done. Big hugs