Hi

• 2 replies
  • 41 subscribers
  • My son 21 has been diagnosed with sarcoma. We find out treatment plan and staging on Wednesday but I can't help but freak out
  • Hi  

Sorry to read this, for my it is my wife with Leiomyosarcoma but as I am sure you know already sarcoma is a rare form of cancer - on here we have a group Soft tissue sarcomas forum and there is a lot of information to on the sarcoma uk site.

Janice's sarcoma was treated with chemotherapy and in her case they have managed to make her cancer stable - over 10 years now and counting. 

If we look at your feelings when someone has cancer I know I recognize lots of what I went through, sharing on here can be helpful and remember you are welcome to ring the helpline too - I certainly have mostly cried at them in the past.

You might also like to look at Parents of children with cancer forum since there are some very supportive people in there.

<<hugs>>

Steve

Community Champion Badge

• Thank you for ur reply and information. We are not sure wot sarcoma he has yet hopefully we get the treatment plan tomorrow and go from there. My head is all over the place but trying to stay strong for my boy