Hello xx

• 8 replies
  • 45 subscribers

Hello, 

My husband has been diagnosed with Stage 4 lung cancer (adenocarcinoma) He's had immunotherapy he has now been diagnosed with arthritis side effects due to immunotherapy. I have 2 boys 18 and 15. 

I thought I'd come on here to say hello, talking to my family and friends is very difficult as they have no clue of what's happening in my life or understand it. 

Love to you all xxxxx

• Hi Michelle85 and a warm welcome to the forum though so sorry to hear about your husband, I cared for my mum when she had stage 4 lung cancer and understand what a difficult and emotional time this is for you, If i can help in any way just ask. there is a forum for people with lung cancer, The Lung Cancer forum, where you can connect to others going through what you and your husband are, best wishes to you both.

Eddie xx

• Sorry to hear about what you’re going through. It is difficult for others to understand what you’re going through. Sending love back xx

• Sorry to hear about this, but please don’t lose hope, we’re in this battle together.

• Hello my wife has been given 6 months to live. Cancer in lungs bones liver after battling breast cancer 10 years ago. I am older 64 but she is only 54 . Thought it would be first but now caring for her giving her best days possible but hate seeing her in pain. Friends family all say the right things but none understand it really. My 19 year old son is muddled it’s a nightmare and so so cruel she has always put other people first and still does so sorry what you are coping with 

• I feel for you , we're only in our 30s and it's hard to know how long my husband has... we always dreamt of a much longer life together and now it's hard to comprehend 

• Lalala it is so cruel for all concerned we moved to Spain 6 years ago to start a new life after my wife got over breast cancer now it’s back. You and I understand how this is I am here to support as needed . It is easier talking to someone in the same position my regards to your husband 

• Hi Michelle85. My first post here on the Forum. Hello back to you and sending a wave of love. 6 weeks ago my wife was diagnosed with stage 4 Lung cancer. The first 2 weeks I was practically now its sinking in. My mood is low and often tearful. She is brilliant and able to compartmentalize it. For me the symptoms are a constant reminder. We tread where so many others have trodden or treading now. There is something special about sharing with someone in the same position and with someone you don't know. Not knowing sort of protects me from elements of the shame I feel. I hope you find comfort here and the understanding you are looking for. x

• Cancer in your 30's that so cruel Lalala. No words just my thoughts are with you. My wife has just been diagnosed stage 4 Lung Cancer It is a cruel world and I pray we can find some peace in it x