Steroids

• 1 reply
  • 41 subscribers

Hi, 

My mums was put on steroids due to swelling in her brain after her glioblastoma operation. She also had a fall recently and again they popped her on a course of steroids. The steroids seemed to make her feel better and more her old self. Her memory of numbers and dates is bad and she gets abit frustrated. All symptoms of the brain tumour. Her MRI has been clear the last few months but she's very down and depressed. She's refusing to take an antidepressant but has agreed to counselling. My question would going back on a low steroid be beneficial? is it worth talking to the doctor? 

• Hi  

Sorry to hear about your mum and hope the counselling might help. Sorry I have no real answers to your questions but you are right that talking to her oncology doctor might help get an answer to your questions. 

I do know how a course on living with less stress helped me not least in the appreciation for what we have here and now rather than spending lots of time worrying about a future I cannot control. 

<<hugs>>

Steve

Community Champion Badge