Dizziness during treatment

• 4 replies
  • 42 subscribers

Hi, my mum was diagnosed with stage 4 ovarian cancer a week before xmas,  she started chemo in Feb she has had 3 rounds of carboplatin, the last being on Monday this week, she has been her normal self with little side effects until the last one. She is having bad dizzy spells, nausea and looks like she's going down hill, is dizziness common during chemo? Her BP is normal, oxygen Sats normal and normal temperature, any advice would be appreciated 

• Hi Mandy87 and welcome, dizziness Is a common side effect, though you should inform your hospital as soon as you can just to be safe and hopefully get something to help with symptoms, best wishes.

Eddie

• Thank you for your reply, I did let the hospital know and they told me its not a common side effect and to bring her down, but we are 26 miles away from the hospital and mum said she didn't want to go, so I thought I'd ask people who really know and witnessed it.

• Hi  

If we look at the page on here on Carboplatin we can see that dizziness might be a symptom of anaemia and that might be consistent with the other things you talk about. This is treatable but would need to be checked out at the hospital though I totally get your mum not wanting to go, I always know my wife is really unwell when she actually wants to go to the hospital.

kind regards

Steve

Community Champion Badge

• Thank you Steve, I might tell her I'm taking her out for a drive and end up at the hospital lol I hope your wife is doing well now, best wishes