Appetite/eating habits?

• 1 reply
  • 41 subscribers

My Dad (82) has been on a FOLFIRINOX chemo program for 2nd stage Liver cancer since late January 2023.  Apart from the occasional period of 'chemo-fog' he's still very lucid and does cryptic crosswords.

I'm his sole carer as my brother lives in France.  I cook for him about six days per week  He initially went off anything that had a hint of spiciness about it but in the past few months, his appetite has drastically changed.  He no longer likes (among other things) rice, pork, chips/fries and scotch eggs as well as anything else cooked in breadcrumbs as they're 'too sharp'.  Also, his appetite has diminished quite a bit.  He likes my homemade pizzas but can now only manage to eat a 1/4 rather than 1/2 of one. More concerning is his eating habit.  He now chops anything on his plate and pushes it around, overloading his fork before unloading a bit and reloading it with a different morsel.  It's like watching a 3 year old play with his food.  Like I said, this only started in the past  few months. Am I alone in experiencing this distressing behavior?