My daughter has ovarian cancer

• 2 replies
  • 47 subscribers

Hi , I’m new here . 
My daughter has only a few days ago got diagnosed with Ovarian cancer , she went to hospital a week ago today I took her in , thinking it could be appendicitis and it’s turned out to be Ovarian cancer , we then get told only yesterday that it’s spread to her diaphragm lymph nodes, 

I am doing my utmost best to stay positive and strong for her and everyone else , I have spent every day seeing her in hospital making sure I am there every morning for when the dr does their rounds . 

she has an infection but they don’t know where , the antibiotics they have given so far not worked  they have changed them again today this will be the third different antibiotic, she spikes a temperature on and off through out today .

Been told she needs surgery which will be done in 4 weeks , but if things turn for the worst they will do it sooner . 

I come home from the hospital every evening and I cry and I just can’t stop . 

• Hi  

Sorry to read about this but perhaps good that it was picked up when it was and for now she is in the place she needs to be. 

My wife when she was going through chemotherapy had a number of times with spikes of temperature - almost guaranteed to be an admission to hospital.

One thing I found quite useful was your feelings when someone has cancer - being able to recognize and accept the feelings can give us some degree of control in a world that can seem we have very little.

<<hugs>>

Steve

Community Champion Badge

• Hi Nicky74,

I'm so sorry that this has happened to your daughter. I feel for you - my daughter also has a rare cancer. I was beyond devastated, totally overwhelmed and cried all the time when she was first diagnosed.

A year down the line, after chemo and surgery, I'm coping a bit better. Daughter has radiotherapy and more chemo to come. 

You will find the strength inside you, for your daughter's sake. At first, I didn't want to talk to anyone - just wanted to shut myself and daughter away from the world and 'make it go away'. Daughter's CSN was a great support and gradually I started talking to family, a few close friends and using this site. I still have bad days but know I'm coping better now.

Wishing your daughter the very best - trust the medical team. Sending you love, strength and a huge hug. x