Husband rectal ca and now bladder issues

• 3 replies
  • 47 subscribers

I haven’t posted for a while but my husband completed his treatment for rectal cancer in October and we were given the all clear. All his scans and bloods tests have been normal then 3 weeks ago he started peeing blood. He’s currently in hospital having a mass removed from his bladder and his kidney is blocked. We’re praying it’s not cancer and hoping it’s somehow scarring or damage from the radiotherapy. I was just wondering if anyone else has had any similar experiences? 

• Hi  

Sorry I do not have anything really similar to that experience but just wanted you to know I was thinking of you. Fingers crossed that the hospital can sort this out.

<<hugs>>

Steve 

Community Champion Badge

• Unfortunately the news wasn’t great and his cancer has spread to his bladder and likely ureters. We won’t get the full picture till he’s seen his oncologist. From what I’ve read the prognosis for local recurrence doesn’t look great and we’re now stuck in that limbo world waiting for advice 

• Hi A48,

• Yup! my husband has advanced prostate cancer which is being treated with hormone therapy. However, he too now has similar bladder problems. A mass removed, six weekly flooding with some chemical or another. Now there is similar kidney issues. So I can very much sympathise with your head exploding. Just living each day as it comes at the moment. It’s so hard tho.