Holiday insurance??

• 3 replies
  • 48 subscribers

My husband has Cancer of Unknown Primary Wearyand has had chemo and radiotherapy - tumours have spread to lymph, but have reduced massively through treatment. We've dragged ourselves through this dark wet winter with the hope that we can get a holiday in the sunshine on the next few weeks- but struggling to find a)any if I say he's terminal or b) reasonably priced if just CUP. Do we just risk it? He's just getting over reaction to radiotherapy ATM but was well in himself before that and will be fine we hope in a couple of weeks. What has anyone else done? This may be our last holiday.....WearyWeary

• My partner has just risked it - to use your terminology! He couldn’t get cover for his terminal diagnosis so he has general insurance that covers anything that happens that is non-cancer related only. I’m not saying this is the best option for others, but it’s been his decision for himself. 
    i hope you find a solution that works for you, and get a holiday! 

• Hello Kiki58

My husband has stage 4 prostate cancer with bone mets he can’t be cured but its treatable

we use insurancewith  we have an annual policy it cost £289 lots of questions & medication check.

Holiday safe is another company 

We have had three holidays & just relaxed in the sunshine.

Hope you can find some insurance it will do you both well to go away.

Take care.

• We got a policy with insurance with. My husband has already had treatment for bowel cancer (surgery + chemo) - at the time we got the insurance he had "no evidence of disease". We're glad we got it as sadly there has now been a cancer recurrence and we've had to cancel his planned trip to Australia. Hopefully we'll get the ticket money back. The insurance itself cost of £600, about 1/5 of the ticket price, so it was worthwhile though expensive.  "InsuranceWith" seems pretty good to deal with.