Sitting here with mum in her last hours

• 2 replies
  • 44 subscribers

My amazing mum has lost her battle.

She was doing so well until the new year but has been in hospital ever since with pneumonia, covid, fungal blood infections etc.

The cancer has not responded to treatment and the antibiotics haven't worked. Treatment was stopped today and the amazing hospital staff have made her comfortable. I'm sitting here in hospital with her waiting to loose her. It's breaking my heart.  I owe her everything and can't imagine the future without her. I'm going to be utterly alone and I'm terrified 

• I'm so so sorry to hear this. I've been where you are now...just 6 weeks ago.  I was with my Dad when he passed away. Hold your Mum's hand, cuddle her, talk to her, tell how much you love her&how fantastic she is....you will find a strength to be with her&I hope she passes peacefully. Sending love and prayers to you&your lovely Mum. Xxxx

• Thank you for your kind words. I lost her at 22.54 yesterday. It was peaceful and I was at her side. She fought so hard but this was one battle she couldn't win. She'll always be loved and life won't be the same without her