Exhausted

• 1 reply
  • 44 subscribers

After 6 months on a knife edge with my mums health problems (heart failure in and out of hospital an hour away for weeks on end so little time to eat well) my dad had started to lose weight seriously fast - anemic but vascular prostrate explained it and pelvic pain but osteoarthritis hip explained it. Ct scan 2 weeks ago and results last weekend and he’s got lung cancer with spread to his spine and pubic bones, no scope for any treatment and even a biopsy deemed too risky
dad now on fast track chc, hospice at home referral, hospital bed arriving tomorrow and palliative team all ramping up. Overwhelmed!

im so exhausted,  been living back with parents nigh on 6 months with just two or three nights home with my wonderful hubby when sister has made the trip across to visit. She’s been living with after effects stage 3 TNBC BRCA2 and associated surgeries and treatment so I know she’s finding this all too close to home. 

mum and dad not liking the disruption to their home routine with all these people coming in so I’ve refused the hospice nurse offered for tonight  and now find myself up and wide awake yet again after being called in and out to help them. I’m happily caring and won’t have it on my conscience any other way but I’m totally exhausted. I miss my husband. I miss my life. I miss my job. I’ve been off with stress only back a short while but after dad’s diagnosis I’m off again. How do we all cope? Love and hugs to all of us going through this.