Worried about future

• 1 reply
  • 44 subscribers

We got the news last week that my husband is stage 4 lung cancer with deposits in shoulder,adrenal gland and lymph nodes. They will give him aggressive chemo apparently.

He is so weak, sleeping all the time, eating very little. I’m worried he won’t cope with the chemo.

The sweats he is having are really bad, change of clothes at least once a night. 
I am 69, I have had two brain haemorrhages and have an untreated aneurysm. I had a botched knee replacement surgery three years ago which limits my mobility and causes constant pain. 
because of the brain traumas my head doesn’t take stress well and just shuts down. 
i am fearful of what the future holds. I want him to have the love and care he deserves. Todays been a nightmare trying to do the shopping, doctors visit for me, being a nurse, a cleaner and secretary rolled into one. 
My husband has a grown up son and so do I. They are lovely. I just feel I’m failing and being selfish if I say I’m not coping very well. 

• Hi  

Reading your words I defintely hear your husband definitely has all the love in the world but is is so hard when you are not 100% yourself - I get that with my wife's cancer when I have ankolysing spondilitis - chronic pain is not at all helpful.

Worrying about the future is just so common but is is perhaps worthwhile remembering that the doctors would not be doing chemo unless they thought it would be of benefit but is is hard.

Many people here talk about living in the day or even the hour. I did a living with less stress course that really helped me with this.

Certainly get what you talk about in being a secretary - all those appointments and everything else is almost a full time job in it's own right.

Remember if it helps you are welcome to ring the helpline here, while typing at each other is good sometimes talking to someone can help get things lined up a bit quicker.

<<hugs>>

Steve

Community Champion Badge