Over thinking

• 4 replies
  • 43 subscribers

How do people cope with over thinking? I am caring for my mum on end of life care. She has been quite poorly this week and yesterday said the end has got to come. When the Dr came to see her, I told her what mum had said. Her reply was, not today. I have been thinking about that ever since. I know the end gas got to come, but does that mean it us imminent or am I over thinking? 

Thanks for reading my ramble

• My grandad said the same thing about 3 days ago, he is 80 next week and I feel like he wants to give up after his birthday. But again, he tells the nurses he feels fine but then the next minute he tells me he doesn’t want to be here anymore.. it’s hard to watch because he has good days then the next he doesn’t 

• It is so hard isn't it. My mum is 83. What made it worse was she had been ill overnight and I didn't hear her calling as I was so soundly asleep. I have felt so guilty ever seen. My mum does the same as your Grandad 

• It’s so so hard. My grandad had a fall at 3am then again at 6am I am also panicking in case he does it again, I don’t sleep properly at all throughout the night just in case anything happens. I felt guilty too, but my grandad lives with me and my family and he is in the next bedroom from mine. He is so so fragile and he is deteriorating so quickly now. He was diagnosed in November and said he has weeks to live but now it’s been 2 months. I feel like he wants to give up because he just doesn’t want to be here anymore 

• My heart goes out to you, it is a horrible situation. I sleep upstairs and mum downstairs on a hospital bed. Last night I slept on the couch in the room next door to mum. If you ever want a rant I am happy to read xx