Expected but still shocked

• 1 reply
  • 44 subscribers

Hi

My husband has nasopharyngeal cancer with numerous mets, we were always told that treatment was palliative and not a cure. Today we were told by the oncologist that there were no more treatment options available, to go home with palliative care and to enjoy everyday. 

it was news we were expecting but we are still shocked by it. Actually hearing those words was difficult. 

I don’t know what to do now.

I’m lost. 

• Hi  

Sorry to hear about your husband, even though there is news we expect we often thing it will not happen yet and shock is a natural reaction as is that feeling of being lost.

If it helps remember you can always ring the helpline here and other that that I hope you do manage to make the most of everyday.

One of the things my wife and I discovered was a deeper appreciation of each other and actually listening - sometimes I might think I was being asked to do something when actually she was just trying to work through some alternatives and talking to me helped her decide what she wanted rather than by fix - a bonus.

<<hugs>>

Steve

Community Champion Badge