Pancreatic cancer

• 3 replies
  • 44 subscribers

My daughter got diagnosed with pancreatic cancer 2yrs ago. She had the Whipple surgery got the all clear. 5 months later she started getting signs it was back that was last August we found out in December it is palliative care no cure. I have been looking after her for all this time and I am devastated after all the pain and suffering she went through. 

• Hi  

Sorry to hear about what you all are going through. I can only imagine the pain of getting the all clear and then recurrence since for my wife's cancer a cure was not possible from the point of diagnosis. However for her she had two different types of chemotherapy and the second one seems to have put her cancer to sleep. She now says "living with cancer" rather than anything else but it took a lot of help to feel comfortable with that.

Have you got any support? It is great reaching out on here because we get this is hard and I know one thing I learnt - the hard way - is the importance of looking after myself something we can see as important in this.

<<hugs>>

Steve

Community Champion Badge

• Thank you for your kind reply. So pleased your wife is doing well. I am like a roller coaster at the moment. The worst thing is not knowing how long I will have her with me . I have just asked for some counselling from the hospice to help me and my daughter. Wishing your wife all the best. X

• And you hope all goes well xxx