Alone

• 2 replies
  • 45 subscribers

I find myself back here.   My husband had major surgery for oesophageal cancer in 2021 followed by chemo and seemed to be doing ok.   
I dealt with everything at the time, but from 16 months later on I was in pieces.  He found a small lump in his neck recently and is going to see the gp today.    I was a mess before he told me (and then only because I accidentally found out) I’m obviously worse now.  
How do you all cope?   I have no friends, no one to talk to.   I’m sat in the car with tears streaming down my face and I’m so bloody angry.  I’m so anxious and nervous it paralyses me.  I feel a total failure.   I know he’s the one going through this, but I am as well, no one has ever asked me how I’m doing.  I don’t know how much the pandemic affected the help (if any) given to carers, I wasn’t even allowed into a hospital at any point.  I’m so lost….

• I’m so sorry to hear you’re going through this again. It’s difficult when you feel so alone. you are not a failure! We all have hard times. Somehow you find the strength to keep going. One small step at a time. 

• I do understand what you are going through and its tough,i messaged on this thread about being lost and i must say people are so kind and give their time to message back kind words.

I read to take one day or even one hour at a time.and thats all we can do.hard but true.take care.