Feeling hopeless

• 1 reply
  • 44 subscribers

My mam was diagnosed with Small Cell Lung Cancer. She went through chemotherapy and radiotherapy and was in remission until there were tumors found in her brain. She underwent surgery to remove one of the tumors which alleviated most of her symptoms. She was left with a smaller tumor which couldn't be operated on. She went through chemo again, but didn't work and the tumor grew. She has had targeted radiotherapy juat before christmas this year. My mams mood has been terribly low, which is understandle as she's also grievg for a couple of losses. She regrets having treatment (which I think is wild because she wouldn't be here otherwise. The docs have already said so). And why would you say things like this to your children?. She can be quite hurtful with some of the things she says. I've known people to have a new lease of life and want to live everyday like it was their last. But not my mam. We know there are no more treatment options now and she is very difficult to be around, as I spend the next week after so sad about everything. I just dont know what to do. I've already suggested she speaks to a professional but she won't. She's very angry at everyone and is trying to push everyone away.