NHS

• 1 reply
  • 44 subscribers

The NHS is broken. My wife has terminal lung cancer. I have managed to care for her. Last Monday she lost the plot. Didn't even know my name. I rang the hospice nurse early Tuesday morning. Cut a long story short I heard nothing. Turns out they missed the emails from the nurse. Couple of falls later and she has been in hospital since Friday night. Moved from pillar to post. If I wasn't around the staff could not cope. Lights not working, radiators that were too hot and no thermostat. Radiators that don't work. No communication. Haven't seen a doctor since admission on Friday. Can't remember the last time I had a night's sleep. Sitting here now at 0500, another hour and I will have been here 24 hours. Wife sedated and hasn't woken since yesterday about 3 o'clock. 

I wonder what today will bring. Physically and emotionally drained

• Hi  

Sorry to hear about your wife and everything that has been going on around you both. I have sort of been there both as carer and as patient and it really does not take much to see the fabric of many hospitals falling apart around us.

I can only hope that today brings you a bit of peace and that you manage to get a chance to recharge a bit.

<<hugs>>

Steve

Community Champion Badge