Bad news is very hard to take

• 1 reply
  • 44 subscribers

Today I had an exam in collage and got home to find out that my mums clear cell cancer can not be cured. My mum has clear cell cancer and was supposed to go for chemo the other day, she wasn’t able to receive it as her bloods weren’t right. She then went for an appointment today and found out she is too weak to revive any treatment and there is only a small change that she will survive. The hospital have said the only thing they can do is give her pain meds, and hope she grows stronger. 

I can’t lie the news has been very hard, I tried to be strong but as soon as I saw her I broke down. She told me that if anything happens I have to carry on living my life and go to uni. I really don’t know how to feel and what to do as I don’t want to worry my mum and make her worse. 

Has anyone got any advise for me? 

• Hi  

You are so right there is never a good time to hear news like that and the "I tried to be strong" bit is much easier to type that to do.

For us my wife has cancer, one thing that really winds her up is when someone says she is brave.

Your mum sounds very special and you are in a very difficult place right now. All we can do though it take things one day at a time and certainly it sounds like your mum raised you very well. Of course your mum is rightly proud of you and wants the very best - these are choices we all have to make though my university time is a long time in my past now.

<<hugs>>

Steve

Community Champion Badge