When the news is hard

• 4 replies
  • 45 subscribers

Well. We met with his oncologist yesterday. Dr Faust (L.R.I) was thorough but the news is a bitch.

No 'cure' available.

1) 12 months without treatment

2). 1 in 4 chance of more than 12 months if premuzelab (?) Immunity support taken. But there's going to be side effects.

3). 30% chance of more than 12 months if cocktail of drugs given . But so toxic that side effects hospitalise Upto 100% folks in what he'd be given.

So he's gone for option 2, and starts with the infusion next month. 

Telling his family and mine was 'fun', not; but we're facing this head on. Now to find out why MY guts are playing up and I've lost 5 stone without trying. Colonoscopy tomorrow; the joys of Cleanprep lol.

Have the best Christmas that you can and don't let the bstds grind you down. Xx

• Welcome to the club none of us want to be in....

You've just been given a lot of sh*t news and information to take in. You'll both be in complete shock and it will take a while for you to digest it all and process this. But believe me once the initial shock and panic settles you will be able to think and plan and fight this bit*h that is Cancer. 

Thinking of you for tomorrow....let us know how you get on. 

Sending love and prayers to you both. Xxx

• I’m sorry to hear your news , if it at all helps , the drs, at LRI are excellent , my partner is under that hospital,they have gone above and beyond for us.

Try and have the best Christmas you can, make memories to last a lifetime ,sending hugs filled with strength .

Mamma

• Hi thanks for replying to me.

I have some good news on my own colonoscopy; diverticulosis and lots of inflammation from past episode of diverticulitis. A twisted bit of colon but not too bad. So dietary change.

Just waiting now for results on an adrenal lump and bile acids. Hoping they're going to bf manageable while looking after husband and his cancer and dad with Parkinson's. 

This Christmas will be the best we can make it and I hope you have a good one too. 

Xc

• Thanks for reply. Yes the doctors seem great, and the colonoscopy team I saw at The General were lovely to me yesterday.

Christmas is going to be laughter filled as my visiting aunt and dad are as crazy as us, so looking forward to it.

• I wish you and yours peace and laughter. Xx