Feeling down

• 11 replies
  • 48 subscribers

Afternoon,

I haven't been on here for a while, to be honest I haven't been in the best place.

My husband hss bowel cancer and has had radio and chemo, last one hopefully on Tuesday.  It has been a very hard 6 months and with going to work and sorting my 14 year old son out and then having to deal with hospital appointments and making sure my husband is ok I have lost sight of me!! 

It is my birthday today and for once I wanted to be selfish, have my hair done (which I haven't had since at least 8 months ago) enjoy the fuss being made of me for once.

Hair looks amazing, but the rest of it..... lets just say Cancer has won again. My son threw my present at me and I ended up doing housework as usual. 

I know my husband is ill and my son is a teenager but made to feel like I am not here has broken me today.

I just wanted one day!!

Sorry I just had to get that off my chest.

Take Care Kell xx

• Hi, firstly, sending big hugs. My story is similar. My husband is 55 and was given the 12-18 month prognosis after brain tumour was removed in July. Another tumour grew back before he started his 6 week radio/chemo treatment which we weren't expecting so soon. He completed the treatment 3 weeks ago but now has a blood clot in his leg so put on blood thinners. This will create another challenge if the new tumour has not shrunk and they decide to operate again. One of our daughters got married in July before his operation so managed to walk her down the aisle with support and dosed up on medication. We were meant to celebrate 30th wedding anniversary in Mexico which we had to cancel and our other daughter has brought her wedding forward to December hoping her Dad will be able to walk her down the aisle. He sleeps a lot and his mobility has been affected so fingers crossed. At the moment he can still manage to get upstairs in a fashion. He's on anti seizure medication and steroids. We have a follow up appointment with his consultant on Tuesday so we will see what he says. At the moment I've been going to work but feel guilty when I'm there knowing he's at home so don't think I will be working much longer. It definitely changed our lives over night and is devastating to know there are so many of us going through this. 

Take care everyone xx