Caring for partner

• 2 replies
  • 44 subscribers

Hi

My partner has melanoma spread to bones which was confirmed when an X ray confirmed fractured hip. This was ongoing with scans and biopsies. Lymph node under arm swollen, now other places. They kept him in for nearly a wk before hip replacement which went well. Orthopaedic team happy with progress but worried about coping at home. Prior to X ray was hobbling around at home, but has back ache now. Dermatology consultant on phone said oncologist is saying immunotherapy and orthopaedic surgeon said creating treatment plan but not had any contact from oncologist and know treatment has to wait 2 wks. He had non Hodgkin's lymphoma 3 yes ago and lost weight/hair but otherwise chemo went well.

Sorry for all the detail but wanted to put it all down. We would like somebody to explain. Not doing hospital visit today as his brother going. Going to visit elderly frail mum in care home, has dementia but that's another stressful story. Kind thoughts to all carers.

• Hi  

Sorry to read about all your are going through and thank you for your kind thoughts.

Just reading everything going on in your life at the moment you seem amazing in how you are coping. I know one thing I had to learn was how to look after myself because it is so easy to lose the "us" in helping others are that is often not helpful.

Glad you posted as connection can be really important and it can easily feel like we are alone in the world.

<<hugs>>

Steve

Community Champion Badge

• Thank you I read read your profile, you have a lot going on an I wish you all the best.