New Member Looking For Support

• 12 replies
  • 48 subscribers

Hi everyone, I’m new to this site and am looking for support. My husband 51 was diagnosed with Lung cancer nsclc with multiple brain Mets 9/17, had an emergency craniotomy 9/19, completed 10 fractions of wbrt last Wednesday and came home after nearly 40 day hospital stay. We finally met with the oncologist who specializes in systemic cancer whose ordered a PET scan to get a clear view of where the cancer is (the biopsy was performed from the craniotomy showed unknown site of origin, and my husband has been in a lot of entire body pain). The not knowing what the outcome is going to be is scary. He’s a roller coaster of emotions, but gets down right evil at times. He’s very strong willed and has been difficult to deal with. We have been married for 18 years but separated last May due to his meanness and lack of fight for our marriage. I have moved him into my place as he’s unable to work with this new diagnosis. I love him so much and wanted him to want me, now I feel as though he needs me and that it’s out of convenience we are back together. It’s complicated. He going to begin chemotherapy but I work full time and he fell down a flight of stairs his first night here and is unwilling to use the walker. I feel like I am living a nightmare and just need strength and reality. Thanks for listening. 

• VLM, all that I can say is to cherish every moment that you have, if you can can record it, document it, please do. I miss my husband and would give anything to have him back if for only a o. Things went too quickly in our situation. While I was preparing for a slow demise, this happened way too quickly leaving me I’ll prepared. I pray you get every waking moment of love, joy, peace, and happiness with your husband before it’s too late. Cherish your man, memories, and times together. 

• Hi Mzz,

Honestly dont know what to say, so glad you have family and friends around you. Wishing you much strength through this difficult time.