Hi I am new to this group My love has recently been diagnosed with lung cancer 4 weeks ago everything was fine and his decline has been rapid I am devastated to say the least

• 2 replies
  • 44 subscribers

He has to have a biopsy on Saturday to find out what sort of cancer it is They tried to do one  last week but his clotting blood test was to high   And they had to postpone and gave some Vitamin K

some days I feel I can’t put one foot in front of the other Other days I am so angry Sometimes when I wake up I have briefly forgotten then it all comes back  I am having trouble sleeping and eating My partner is very focused and stoical and I think we are both trying to protect each other from our fears 

I have been talking with close friends and family and have started a journal I do know that I need to look after myself  and practice self care - but am struggling  

I am a senior Nurse and I can’t face work so I am going to try and get some sick leave 

• Dear Pumpkin66,

Glad to hear you are going to get some sick leave as it will help give you the time to focus on yourself as well as your husband.  Remember to BREATHE.  Try to go for a little walk outside and look at nature or do small things that bring you joy - a comedy on tv etc.  They are small but help.  Remember you are not alone. I have found the macmillan cancer support line a great help. It is ok that you can't put one foot in front of the other at times. I feel very demotivated most of the time but somehow keep on going. I dont know if will help you and your husband to discuss your fears together? only you can decide.  My husband has multiple myeloma and is not doing well.  We have talked openly but i try to focus on just the day (not always easy).  I do silly things like buy fun napkins just to put a smile on our faces.  Cancer is horrible and there is no hiding from that but ask for help when you need it. 
    Take care. 

• Thank you so much for the reply and I am sorry to hear about your husband. I will keep trying those small things and they do help Thanks again xx