Wife TNBC 2 years in. Now in lung

• 2 replies
  • 45 subscribers

Wife of 37 years triple negative breast cancer journey started two years ago. 24 months on a MRI scan has showed metastasis to the lung. That’s a 12-18 month window looking at typical prognosis. The oncology department are great and my focus is entirely on being the best husband I can. 
Just got back for an unrelated appointment with my own GP, who by any stretch of the imagination, is a fool. So no point even bridging the conversation about how the hell do I cope internally. I suppose, selfishly, I’m scared. The person I’m so interconnected with and my only love will soon be gone. There’s no joy in my heart, only fear and loathing for the coming months. Quite rightly, I’ll be the family elder for her, our grown up children and family. I love her more than she’ll ever know. As for the fluffy pink ribbon brigade, this pink is of a very darker shade. 

• Des,  we are all scared. And don’t know how to cope internally. 
    I’ve only registered on here today , Sunday, and in a way it’s helped knowing that other carers are going through similar “journeys”. 
    But she knows you love and will be there for her every step .

Take care. 

• I’m so sorry for your situation and can empathise with the lack of GP support.  Do you have a Macmillan office nearby? We have found their help, and that of our local hospice, invaluable.  My husband is nearing the end of a 2.5 year ‘journey’ and I am beyond heartbroken but looking after him at home, which - for us - is preferable to anywhere else.  Your wife knows you love her and that will be of immeasurable comfort.  Sending you hugs and strength