Remission

• 1 reply
  • 44 subscribers

I am venting today as the wife of a husband who has not long finished his treatment. Life in remission is much harder than I envisaged. The mental challenge of adjustment that no one can prepare you for. The emotional roller coaster which you thought might stop or reduce still continues. I know this is all normal but it's so hard.  don't get me wrong, im thankful of our position of remission my husband finds himself in, but boy it's still hard. 

• Hi Kat55 welcome to the forum and I am so sorry to hear how you are feeling. Its a recognised part of after the treatment finishes and believe me when I tell you it is much more common than you think it is

Im Including a link to a paper thats available for you to read that you need only click on and it will; take you straight to this. Its a paper written by a Psychologist about exactly what your describing and its called "After the Treatment Finishes" . Then what.

Have a read and see if this is of any help in assisting you to understand what you are feeling as you do.

after-the-treatment-finishes-then-what.

gail

Community Champion Badge