Awful anxiety

• 1 reply
  • 44 subscribers

Hi, my husband is in remission from cancer. He had a scare lately but is all fine and checked out. However for me the phycologial effect has really impacted me.

I have awful anxiety which has been dominating me. I feel stuck in my feelings, unable to let then out. .  I know I'm so scared of loosing my husband and the trigger reminded me of everything we went through in treatment and how dcared i was then.   but the feeling is stuck inside me festering as axiety.  Any one feel the same?  Any ideas how I might be able to express it.

Thevwordt thing is , im away a few days break with others and all I want do is go home. No one realises how scary it was to watch him.go through treatment. I wake up in the night full of fear.  Awful.....

h5 of loosing him 

• Hi  

So sorry to read about what you are going through, it does sound very difficult even given the recent good news re the scare.

I have struggled in the past and did a living with less stress course that really helped me. Learnt to focus on what we have now rather than trying to work out how I might cope without her; I was really quite good at disaster planning. The conscious breathing exercises were quite good too at helping me relax and when another scare comes along - well step back take a deep breath and then tackle what is here now.

Disturbed sleep really does not help, have you talked to anyone to see if you can get some help with that?

<<hugs>>

Steve

Community Champion Badge