Bad news today

• 5 replies
  • 46 subscribers

I went with my dad to hospital today, thinking we were going to discuss chemotherapy options.  The outcome is there's no treatment and dad's been given 3 to 6 months. I'm in absolute shock. He doesn't even feel unwell at the moment. I know it sounds dramatic,  but I feel my life is over too.  I don't know how I'll carry on.  Sorry, just needed to share.

• Hi I know how you feel my partner of 26 years just been told there's no more treatment,  feel that too , feel my life is over and what's the point of living also I have elderly parents with health issues , your not dramatic it's is life changing,  take care and big hugs x

• Oh Tina, I'm so sorry to hear about your partner. It's so unfair isn't it. Hugs back to you too. X

• Hi Diane DB welcome to the forum and I am so very sorry to hear your news. I cant begin to imagine what that must have been like for you to receive such devastating and totally unexpected news it doesn't sound dramatic at all and when your dad looks so well, the news you have received can be hard to take in and little wonder.   You are in shock and thats ok, anyone would be, but you will carry on as you will be there for and with your dad for whatever time is left. Its early days for you but maybe take a couple of days for some headspace and then I'm not sure how you feel  about having  that conversation  with your dad to see what he feels and thinks.? 

Its ok and we are here for you whenever you need us to be. Sending some hugs your way. xx  

gail

Community Champion Badge

• Thank you so much for your wise words and kindness Gail. Xx