Can't believe this is happening

• 4 replies
  • 46 subscribers

Had some awful news today my partner after 2 years on treatment has been told nothing working told to stop his existing treatments,  just been told to discuss with family and basically just keep comfortable,  he was starting to feel good for the first time since chemo last year , I absolutely devastated and keep thinking I wish it was me , I'm due my cervical scan now I think what's the point rather not know , I know that's a bad way to think , don't know if I can do this anymore been together 26 years how on earth do people cope scared to be left  alone,  lifes so cruel

• I am so so sorry to hear your news. It’s difficult to imagine losing a loved one, especially to something as cruel as cancer. You need to make sure you have your family and friends around to support you. It’s just as important to make sure you are taken care of throughout this time as it is your partner.

sending healing vibes 

Debbie

• Unfortunately lost friends with diagnosis,  not many family around , parents elderly and have not told them think this will make them bad 

• Oh Tina I am so sorry, nothing anyone says will make you feel better at this point, you just have too much to process. I am 3 months in to losing my partner of 32 years, but with us it happened so fast, became ill in december, diagnosed with terminal cancer in march. It just takes your breath away, the total shock of it all. You are right, life is cruel, very cruel. All I can tell you is that no matter how bad you will feel, and I am not going to sugar coat it, you will have times that feel unbearable, it DOES get better. Like I said, I am 3 months in and my heart is still shattered, I cry most days, and you actually dont notice any tiny improvement until you think back and see how far you have come in a short time. You will surprise yourself, you are stronger than you think. I miss my partner every second of every day, but I am so grateful we had 32 amazing years. Give yourself time to process it all, be kind to yourself, PLEASE go for your scan. I found this forum invaluable in my darkest times, many of which were before my partner died, I was in total fear. Please hang on, you can do this, its hard, but you will get through it. xxx