Terrified

• 4 replies
  • 45 subscribers

My daughter has today been diagnosed with stage 4a cervical cancer.  She is 31.  My head is all over the place and i am terrified and can't stop crying.  Everybody says i have to be brave for her and i know that but it doesnt make things any easier.  I am trying to find all the information i can to try and make sense of this but i cant make any sense of it at all. 

• hi  and welcome to our community though so sorry to head about your daughter.

That "brave" bit - easy to say but rather harder to deliver when faced with such news. With my it is my wife with cancer - Leiomyosarcoma and I really struggled. I then did a living with less stress course and came to realise I was working out how to cope without my wife and not enjoying the time we had together. Of course life still loves to throw us curveballs and the breathing exercises are great for helping to cope wht they happen.

Do post on here whenever, we understand because we know the pain too.

<<hugs>>

Steve

Community Champion Badge

• Hi steve

Thank you for those kind words, it makes a lot of sense what you have said.  I will post updates as i am sure i will need help along the way. 

• You are in shock and will have a thousand things in your head. Just allow yourself a little time to let it sink in and try not to get overwhelmed with too many thoughts. This wonderful community will support you. x

• Thank you for those kind words, its exactly how i am feeling.  X