Mum and aunt

• 3 replies
  • 44 subscribers

My mum was diagnosed with renal cancer a year and half back, she had it removed by surgery to only then find out three months later it had returned with a vengeance, she is 58. And she is not curable, spread to her lymthnoads, lungs, spine and now hip. Her sister, my aunt also got diagnosed with lung cancer in march this year. I've took a year off work to care for her and make some memories, the thing that I'm struggling with the most, is that I feel I've already lost a part of her as her pain makes it that she can't do much at all. I know this can't be helped, but it's so hard to deal with. I thought I was doing ok for a while (obviously not the first few months) but recently I've just been getting on and living with it. But now I think it's starting to real get to me (we are a very close family and love each other to bits) this really is just a vent. I don't know what else I'd get from writing this, just that maybe it helps to get it down? 

• Hi  

Sorry to read about what you are a family are going through. I wonder if it might be worth discussing more pain control to see if that can help on the quality of life and those memories you want to share.

As for venting on here - we understand, everyone is in a similar position and somehow writing to a complete stranger can help to make us feel less alone so thank you for sharing.

<<hugs>>

Steve

Community Champion Badge

• Hiya my mum got took into the assessment unit in Weston park hospital today as her pain got too much to handle even after having morphine injections from the district nurse, were all hoping they can sort to her thankyou

• More bad news and I'm struggling with my head today, her immunotherapy isnt working and her cancer has grown considerably.