My husbands MDS

• 2 replies
  • 44 subscribers

My husband has MDS and P53 cromozone after a stem cell transplant we have just been told it has not worked and he has three months I do not know what to do my poor hubby is so brave im not I want to be for him so I go off to cry away from him how do you cope with such devastating news

• Hi  

A very common thread on here is how the person with cancer seems to be coping while we end up breaking up. I often get asked how do I cope and perhaps the only answer I can give is where is the choice.

Does he or you need any hands on support at the moment and have you got that?

My wife was explicit that she did not want to know how long and I struggled with that - but now we have been living with cancer for 10 years of so I really appreciate how right she was. There is a real question as to how helpful it is to be given that average - after all who is this average anyway.

I still cry, grieving for the life we expected to have rather than the one we have. It can be a very useful way of letting some of that stress escape.

<<hugs>>

Steve

Community Champion Badge

• Thank you for your reply look after each other Heart