Frustration

• 2 replies
  • 44 subscribers

Hello, this is my first time posting anything. My sister has breast cancer which has spread everywhere and is no longer having chemo. She is about to turn 59!  She’s always been a very independent and strong woman. Now she has no mobility and needs help with everything. Myself and other members of the family are taking care of her. We move into her home and take it in turns. The reason I reached out to this group is because my sister has had enough!  She’s so frustrated that she can’t do anything for herself. It’s just so heartbreaking that I can’t do anything to stop this upset. I just don’t know what we are supposed to do. Cancer is consuming her and we just have to sit and watch. I can help her to the toilet and dress her feed her but what can I say when she’s had enough?  It just feels so cruel!  I’ve no idea what to expect next. How long will she suffer. It’s so frustrating that I cannot do anything to help her!  How do we support a loved one that’s had enough of this cruel disease?