Melanoma

• 2 replies
  • 44 subscribers
  1. Hello everyone I'm new here...
  2. My husband 50 been diagnosed with melanoma in October 22 growth from his scalp been removed in January, CT scan results came back clear... follow up CT scan in march reviled enlarged lymph nodes in Disappointed  his neck, went for biopsy on Monday and awaiting results... he's trying to be positive but I know it's now easy for him..I personally feeling lost and hopeless Disappointed lost my mum (51)to lung cancer 14 years ago, trying to think positive but I know how quickly this b...d can take over and ruined everybody's life Cry wishing you all healthy and strength Heartbeat
  • Hi  

Sorry to hear about your husband and your mum but welcome to our special club here.

For me my wife has been living with Leiomyosarcoma now for over 10 years, it took a fair while and lots of help to get to the point of "living with cancer" rather than the alternative though.

If we look at your feelings when someone has cancer we can see how common your emotions are - and sometimes we can notice our emotions without letting them overwhelm us. 

<<hugs>>

Steve

Community Champion Badge

• Hello Steve,

Thank you for your reply and warm welcome..

I'm so happy for your wife Revolving hearts

I'm at beginning of that journey, feeling lost, confused, cheated , deprived list goes on and on ...

I am a very private person with only few real friends around (no family around in UK). 

After reading many posts here I realised I'm not the only one whose going through the same ,can't say I felt relieved but "less" lonely if that's make sense.

Thank you

Stay healthy and strong